Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Moda Charm Pack table runner

A while back, I bought a Moda 2wenty-Thr3e Charm Pack (with a gift certificate I had won from the Fat Quarter Shop) and it sat for a long time in my sewing room.  I wasn't sure what to do with it because the color don't really fit with my decor.  I love the colors, but anything I made wasn't going to look right in my house.  I finally got inspired to just start piecing it together (after slicing all of the squares in half).  I know I should have mixed it in with some solids to make the patterns stand out more, but I kind of like the chaos.



I backed it with a lightweight denim and wrapped that around to the front to act as the binding.  To quilt it, I just made large diamonds with wide-spaced diagonal lines.  My walking foot performed nicely!

The prints in the charm pack are adorable.  I especially love the little tickets and the random words here and there.



The cameras are pretty funny too.



So what am I going to do with this runner?  Well, as I was finishing it up, I realized it would match perfectly in the kitchen of my neighbor, whose birthday was coming up soon.  We're celebrating with her tonight, so I'm going to bring it along to surprise her.  It might look good on her kitchen island when she's entertaining.


________________________________________________

Linking up to: I Have to Say ..., Sew Fresh Quilts

1 comment:

  1. I love the chaos too. The prints in that line are wonderfully fun. I'm sure your neighbor will love her present.

    ReplyDelete