I tried to make myself another potholder using a really cool afghan block by Julie Yeager called "Firenze", but unfortunately, it came out too large. So, now I have a really beautiful hot pad! I had planned to crochet the pattern until it got to the right size and then stop, leaving off the rest of the rounds, but unfortunately, the way Firenze was designed, it didn't "square up" until it got past potholder size. Oh well! It still turned out nice anyway.
After I posted pictures of my last round of scalloped potholders, I got orders for five more! I made one for my Aunt Janet (Niki's and my crafting goddess muse) and four for my mother. Mom gave them to our relatives who hosted her in Indiana when she went there last week for a family reunion. My crocheted goods are being spread all over the country!
Potholder #4 (whoops, forgot to take outdoor glamor shots of it, so these flash-lit ones are all I have):
Potholder #5 (whoops, forgot to take a shot with my real camera before I sent it to Aunt Janet, so this blurry cell phone picture is all I have... the other (not pictured) side of the potholder is all in the Lily Sugar 'n' Cream Cottage Twists):
More potholders are being planned and crocheted.....