Charlotte saw Peter's new snack bag and just HAD to have one of her own, so I grabbed some pre-quilted fabric my mother-in-law gave me a while back and whipped this one up. I made it a couple of inches shorter since Peter's is a little too big. This size fits her snack containers nicely.
Again, I used In Color Order's Lined Drawstring Bag tutorial. It's just such a perfect little design that I didn't even bother looking for a different one. Here is the view from the other side:
The lining is more of the red and white striped fabric that came from an old sheet my friend, Kym, gave me. It's such nice weight material and it seems to match well with a lot of things that I sew! I'm going to be very sad when it finally runs out. The band of navy across the top on the exterior is left over from the vest I made for Peter last Halloween as part of his Jake costume. The drawstrings are just nylon cord. I have long since given up sewing my own drawstrings on projects like these. It's a pain in the butt and never looks nearly as nice as the cords
Now I just need to figure out a good way to label the bag so it doesn't get lost. Sounds like it's time to order some cool woven labels like the "Made by Niki Stringer" ones I got as a gift a while back. I bet those are easy to find since kids with school uniforms always need them.