Thursday, October 31, 2013

Erin's Owl Lunch Bag

I made Erin this lunch bag a few weeks ago and threw it in a package I was sending to her as a surprise.  So, although I took photos of it, I held off on posting them until she opened the package.  Then, I totally forgot I had taken the photos until yesterday.  Sheesh.  I'm lucky I remember to do anything anymore.



Anyway, this was the second lunch bag I have made using Ayumi's awesome tutorial (the first was Corey's Spartan Lunch Bag for his birthday).  The brown parts are duck cloth left over from Larry's 5-Gallon Bucket Organizer and the rest of the fabric are cute fat quarters I picked up at Jo-Ann's.  The cording is more of my favorite parachute cord, and I used felt for batting.  The original tutorial doesn't call for batting, but it also calls for the bag to be made from canvas instead of quilting cotton.  I also figured the felt would give it a bit of insulation.  I just scored a remnant of Insul-Brite a few days ago, so I'm going to have to try to make a lunch bag for myself with that at some point.  Maybe I'll even use the oil cloth scraps I have.  Ooh -- If I didn't have two school Halloween parties to attend today, I would totally be sewing that.

Here is the view from the top.  Yet again, this is one of those projects that turned out so cute that I hated to give it away!  Guess that means I need to make me one.



_______________________________________________________
Linking up to: ChrisW Designs

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Niki! I'll have to look at that tutorial too - could quite fancy one for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm over from Bag Brag Tuesday. I love your bag and was thinking it would be useful for grocery shopping too only much larger. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete