When I was leaving out the felt pieces and improvising what was left behind with yarn, I studied pictures of the Boba Fett character's actual helmet and decided that the pattern wasn't all that accurate anyway. So how much of the actual purchased pattern did I use? Not much. Maybe 30% of the hat came from the pattern. Lesson learned: do my homework before purchasing a pattern. Not that my end result turned out 100% accurate, either..... Oh well. Hopefully James won't mind.
I was so annoyed by the process I went through creating this hat that I never did take proper glamor shots of it before I gave it to the birthday boy. Poor Sonia posed for these cell phone pictures before we had gotten all cleaned up for the day.
Sorry the hat doesn't have an antenna, James.... I just couldn't figure out how to do one that would hold up to a 5-year-old and his parents' washing machine. But this crocheted helmet will keep your head warm and most Star Wars fans will be able to tell that it is supposed to be Boba Fett's headgear.
Happy birthday, little buddy!!