Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pleated block table topper

The first gift I made for my mom for Mother's Day was a table topper that featured pleated (and unpleated) blocks.  I got the idea from this cool tutorial, but I didn't want to make anything quite that long.  I thought the aqua and coral fabric looked nice and springy, and the black sashing added a bit of edge to it.



It's hard to tell in the photos, but one block is pleated horizontally, and the other is pleated vertically.



The coral fabric is left over from the valances I made for Charlotte's nursery, the aqua is left over from the cosmetic bags I sewed for Faith Carol, and the black is from the Rescue Bots bag I made for Ben.

The back of the table topper just has some of the black pieced together with the fur-like print turned in alternating directions just for fun.  I made my own binding from the aqua fabric.  There is felt in between the layers, and I chose not to add any quilting because it was such a small project (and was spray basted together).

No comments:

Post a Comment