Thursday, July 18, 2013

Birthday shirts

I have been busy making the number appliqué birthday shirts for a lot of little friends.

I am still kicking myself for not taking a photo of the "7" shirt I made for our friend, Mia. It was the highest number yet!  These ones were made for Whitney (the pink with the "2"), Harry (the orange with the "2"), and Declan (the black with the "3"). The 3T-sized shirt I bought for Whitney at Jo-Ann's looks remarkably bigger than the 3T shirt I used for Harry's shirt.  I hope Harry's fits!  I guess we'll find out when I give it to him tomorrow.



These are for Maisie and Quinn. I'm not sure why I didn't make one for Quinn when he turned 4 in February, but I decided he needed one if I was making Maisie one for her 3rd birthday in August.



I know I'm not super consistent with the sizes of numbers, but I always use Ariel Black for the font.  I have considered other fonts, but that one allows for the greatest surface area (to showcase the fabric better) and doesn't have a bunch of fiddly things on the ends (easier to sew around!).  Maybe someday I will branch out to another font.  Maybe not.  Next up is a "4" shirt for Petey's buddy, Ben, for his birthday!  Gotta go find some trail fabric for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment