Friday, July 12, 2013

Rishaan's Buzz Lightyear

When my little buddy, Rishaan, turned two last month, the quandary of what to crochet was solved when the pattern for this hilarious tiny Buzz Lightyear popped up in my Pinterest feed. The free pattern was really nicely written and easy to follow.


I used an F hook and worsted-weight Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Red Heart yarn is my favorite yarn to use for amigurumis because it is reasonably priced, comfortable to crochet with (Lily Sugar 'n' Cream is downright painful to try to get tight enough so that stuffing doesn't show through), and it holds up to rough play. 

When Sonia saw the finished Buzz, she complained that the wings weren't wide enough, but otherwise, she thought he was pretty cool!


The important thing is that Rishaan loves it! I can't wait to get started crocheting a Rapunzel doll for his older sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment