Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jack's Agent P

Another one of Sonia's friends, Jack, just turned four years old.  Birthdays are an epidemic around here!  These kids need to stop getting older; otherwise, we're going to find ourselves in need of some cash for college tuition before we know it.  Anyway, Sonia and I heard that Jack loves the Disney channel show, Phineas and Ferb, so I checked it out to see if I could find some crocheting inspiration.  The best character on the show is the pet platypus, Perry, who is actually a secret agent (unbeknownst to Phineas and Ferb).  When Perry is on a secret mission, he transforms into Agent P.  I found an AWESOME pattern on Etsy and got to work.  Voila!


So, um, yeah-- I forgot to take any glamor shots of Agent P before we actually got into the car to head to Jack's birthday party.  Hance, the slightly grainy cell phone shots of Agent P hanging out in a Honda Accord.  Whoops.  But truly, how perfect is this crochet pattern?  Here's a picture of Agent P from the show:


My colors are a tiny bit off, but when you're trying to avoid having to special-order the EXACT shade of yarn and use Red Heart With Love worsted-weight yarn (love that stuff for amigurumis!), you do what you can.


Love his platypus tail!  Love his sneaky secret agent eyes!


Seriously, the hat is the best part.  It was so fun to crochet.  What a terrific pattern!!!  Worth every penny.


The birthday party guest posed with Perry (excuse me, Agent P) so I could show how big he is.


Even though Jack didn't open up his presents at his super-fun Darth Vader-themed party, his mom and I snuck him out to the front porch to let him open Agent P before we left.  I'm such a bad influence!  Jack loved his new Agent P buddy.... and then begged to open more present.  Good grief, maybe I'm more of a terribly horrible influence.  Sorry, Bridget!!  Anyway, happy happy happy birthday to our little buddy, Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment