Monday, August 26, 2013

Odessa's nightgown

My friend, Kym, gave me an old but beloved "Absolute Peace" t-shirt of hers over a year ago to do something with, but I finally made something with it!  Her daughter, Odessa, is just a few months older than Charlotte (when I met Kym, we were both pregnant with our girls, actually) and she likes girly and ruffly things as much as Charlotte.  Despite the shirt's thinly-veiled reference to the old Absolut Vodka ads, we thought it would make a great Abbey Nightie for sweet Odie.

Each time I make this self-drafted pattern, I improve it a little.  I think I finally have it in final draft form and want to write down formal instructions to keep for posterity.  Here are some shots of it on a hanger.  It's hard to tell properly, but the ruffle is dark green (from an old Michigan State t-shirt) and the binding is purple (from an old Northwestern University t-shirt).  The picture on the shirt has green and purple accents, so it looks cute in person.




Here is a shot Kym sent me of Odie modeling the nightie.  Such a sweetie!!!


1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute nightie Niki! If you write down the instructions then do post them on your blog too!

    ReplyDelete