Thursday, August 1, 2013

Teeny basket and some quilting issues

This fabric basket is teeny -- the bottom measures 5" x 3.5" and it is only 3.5" tall without counting the handles.  Since there was a piecing component to the basket, I figured it couldn't be THAT difficult.  I have a horrible time keeping consistent seam allowances (maybe I need one of those 1/4" feet?), and it really shows in anything pieced like this.  From this angle, it doesn't look TOO bad.




Even from this angle, you can't tell anything is wonky about the piecework.  The lining is a little loose though.  (I should have sewn it a little smaller so it would sit nicer.)


From this angle, it's a horror show.  I really don't have a good explanation for how this happened, but I can tell you it became clear that something was awry when I was too far into this project just to trash it. I finished it and will probably let Charlotte use it for something or other.  That girl can never have too many baskets or bags.





No comments:

Post a Comment